Friday, February 27, 2015

Interview with Audi Sport TT Cup driver Mikaela Ahlin-Kottulinsky - Part 2


By Tarek Ramchani

Mikaela Åhlin-Kottulinsky is a young and talented driver from Sweden. She has successfully competed in the Volkswagen Sicrocco R-Cup taking a great win in this demanding single make series. Mikaela Åhlin-Kottulinsky will compete in the newly formed Audi Sport TT Cup this year.

We were pleased to have an interview with Mikaela Ahlin-Kottulinsky. A very interesting Q/A about her 2014 season in the Volkswagen Sicrocco R-Cup, her expectations for 2015 and more.

You can follow Mikaela Åhlin-Kottulinsky racing news and updates on her official Facebook page, and her official Twitter account.

This is part two of the interview (Part one is here).


How great is for the Audi Sport TT Cup to share the weekends with a prestigious championship like the DTM?

Is one of the most important things in the Cup. Both regarding spectators, and also to get the chance to “show yourself” in the same area as your goal (DTM) is.

What are your targets for the upcoming 2015 season?

Like I said before, my goal is to do my own best, and hopefully that results in even results during the year, and to be a top driver.


Which race track is your favourite? 

A driver always likes the tracks where they’ve made good results, so for me of course Norisring is one of my favourites, but I also like “hilly” tracks like Red Bull Ring and Nürburgring.

You did some rallycross events in the past. How about a ride with EKS RX Audi team in FIA World Rallycross Championship?

That would be so fun! I really enjoyed testing RX, so if I’d get that opportunity I would definitely not say no to it!


Looking at Audi's full factory motorsport effort, do you prefer FIA WEC/Le Mans 24 Hours or the DTM?

Same here, I wouldn’t say no to anything if I would get the great chance to do one of these events, but my goal is definitely the DTM.

What are your dreams for the future within your motor racing career?

To drive the DTM, and to be a top driver there. That’s my dream.

Photo credit: Mikaela Åhlin-Kottulinsky / Audi MediaVolkwagen Motorsport